Wednesday, February 11, 2015

No More Tea

I came across a quote yesterday that said, "I may not be your cup of tea, but I'm somebody's double shot of tequila." I completely fell in love with it. I feel like people are so caught up nowadays in trying to please everyone they meet. Why? Not everyone is going to be "your cup of tea." Who wants to drink that much tea anyway? I know so many people who pretend to like others and act in different ways just so others like them. Why waste your time? Unfortunately, sometimes life is going to throw some people your way who you just cannot seem to get along with, for whatever reason it may be. Let it be. Don't try and be on everyone's good side; I promise all the kissing up will get to you one day and drive you insane. Someone doesn't like you? Ignore them. Chances are your life is going to be ten times better that way in the long run.

Be someone's double shot of tequila. Spice up people's lives. Don't be the same boring cup of tea that everyone drinks each morning as they dread getting up for work. Be the double shot- the person who not everyone likes, but those who do like you are always happy to have you around. Stop and think for a moment: am I trying to be everyone's cup of tea (boring), or am I the double shot of tequila? (Plus side: you can pick whatever type of tequila you want to be!) I personally think you'll live an overall happier life when you're the (double) shot.

Throw away your teacups and bring out the shot glasses.


A fellow double shot of tequila,

NG



No comments:

Post a Comment