Monday, December 1, 2014

T Minus 31 days!

Can you believe November is already over? In other words, can you believe 2014 is over in 31 days? I feel like time goes by faster and faster each year. In a week, I'll be done with my first semester of college... Didn't I graduate high school yesterday? One stress-filled finals week and back to the MIA I go. I am beyond happy that I get to spend most of the month of December at home with all my loved ones. (Sorry that I'm missing your birthday Mom. You'll receive a love-filled phone call and a hug three days later.) Enjoy the last month of the year as much as you can. I came across a quote on Instagram that said, "You have one month to finish the book of 2014. Make the last chapter a perfect one." I was so intrigued by that quote. I love viewing my years as books. Each month is a chapter and all of our weeks and days are the sentences. It makes life seem so much more meaningful when you look at it that way. 

The month of December has so much to offer (besides Christmas, of course!). Endless family time, Christmas shopping, and the most important: Christmas cookies. Why should Santa get all of them? The holiday season always puts me in the baking mood. (I baked cookies before coming back to Orlando today.) As I've gotten older, I also enjoy buying gifts for other people more. I feel as if Christmas is all about receiving presents when you're younger, but as the years have gone by, I have found more and more gratification in giving gifts to the people I love. 

So what are you waiting for? Make yourself some hot chocolate and grab some cookies. Cuddle with your mom and look through a Christmas catalogue. Remember how fun it was to circle all the toys we wanted from Santa in the Toys R Us catalogue? (Or Target if your mom is as obsessed as mine is.) Appreciate the time you have with your loved ones during this time of year. They do say it's "the most wonderful time of the year," so make it that way. End 2014 in the best way possible, even if you've had a rough year. The better you end 2014, the better you'll start 2015. 

Happy December!

NG





 


No comments:

Post a Comment