Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Let It Go

I've noticed that many people tend to hold grudges nowadays. For what? To add unneeded negativity to our lives? To cause our beautiful faces premature wrinkles? I feel like holding grudges is one of the most detrimental things we can unconsciously do to our mental health. Think about it. When you're holding a grudge against someone, you're constantly worrying and stressing out about something that really doesn't even need to be thought about. For what? Sure, there are situations in which you may feel the need to hold a grudge against someone, but it really shouldn't last more than a couple of days. I'm a strong believer in "forgive and forget." I may not become your friend if you do something that truly hurt me, but I believe that simply putting everything behind me and moving on with my life is so much better for my well-being that constantly stressing over some irrelevant situation/person.

Everyone has that one person who just rubs them the wrong way, and that's totally fine. It's impossible to get along with everyone on this planet of 7 billion people. But I'll never understand why some people allow this to get to them so much. If you don't like someone, remove them from your life. There's no reason to go out of your way to inform the person you don't like them. There's clearly some issues (or insecurities as I like to call them) present if you feel the need to simply talk to someone just to inform them that you "hate" them. If they really bother you that much, why are you going out of your way to incorporate them into your life?

So, in the wise words of Princess Elsa, "let it go." It's not necessary to all of a sudden become best friends with the one person in the world you really don't like. Put your pride aside and be mature. If you don't like someone, don't involve them in your life. It's that simple! Once you do that, I promise that so much negative energy around you will begin to disappear, and your daily life will be that much better.


Yours truly,

NG




No comments:

Post a Comment