Friday, September 16, 2016

True Life: I Don't Like Pumpkin Spice Lattes


Yes, you read that correctly. Hi, I'm NG, and I don't like PSLs. I have pretended long enough and it's time to come clean before a new Fall season begins. You might be thinking "you wrote about them so much last year blah blah blah," and yes, I did. I fully admit to being a poser and pretending to like the popular Fall favorite. It's the sad truth, but Pumpkin Spice Lattes are f*cking gross.

I didn't base this off an opinion from when I first tasted the overly sugary drink about two years ago. Well, I initially did, but I didn't think that was fair. My taste buds have since then greatly evolved (back then I wasn't even eating guac...I know), so I decided to give PSLs another shot (no pun intended, but I actually added another shot to my latte when I ordered it). I went to Starbucks and hesitantly strayed away from my usual black Cold Brew with a splash of Soy milk. I already regretted it as they called my name, because I was embarrassed when they called my order and I had to walk up to the counter to pick up my "double tall nonfat no-whip Pumpkin Spice Latte." Criiiinggee. That order yells basic, and although I fit the "basic" stereotype quite well with most characteristics of my life, this one didn't feel right.

(Disclaimer: that tweet was to try and be trendy. I'm done pretending. Boo PSLs!)

I waited a few minutes to take a sip, partially because I was nervous that I just threw away $5 on a coffee that would be gross, and partially because it was 90 degrees outside and I needed to cool down from my walk back to my car (I know I'm dramatic but Miami gets HOT). I was literally sweating and had 12 ounces of hot coffee waiting for me. Exciting! *eye roll*

I tasted my first sip and was again disappointed. How could something pumpkin-based be so gross? Who invented this horrible seasonal favorite? Why do people voluntarily drink this? So many questions, and zero answers. Plus, they're so bad for you, I don't even think it's worth it! You probably aren't feeling caffeinated from the coffee, but a giant sugar rush from the loads of artificial sweeteners and sugar packed into the drink.

Courtesy of Food Babe

I'm not hating on all things pumpkin; on the contrary, I love pumpkin treats! But if you can, you should really think about skipping out on the PSLs this season, and maybe just adding some pumpkin spice seasoning and cinnamon to your regular cup of coffee! My PSL Trial 2.0 only reassured me of how happy I am to not enjoy these nasty drinks. I'm happy with my black Cold Brew, and I'll treat myself to a pumpkin loaf if I have a sweet craving. 

Think before you drink (catchy, right?),

NG

3 comments:

  1. kenneth@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG YES SAME! I hate them! Everyone's always banging on about how amazing and delicious they are but I just think they are SO gross (and, as you said, incredibly unhealthy)

    Naomi Katharine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. รำลึกถึงเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ รำลึกถึงเว็บ PUSSY888
    หากเมื่อไรที่พวกเราคิดถึงเกมส์การพนันคาสิโนออนไลน์ แน่ๆว่าอีกหนึ่งลักษณะของเกมการพนันที่จะจำเป็นต้องกระดอนขึ้นมาในหัวเลยมันก็คือเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ สิ่งเดียวกันแล้วหากว่าพวกเราเอ๋ยถึงเกมการพนันสล็อตออนไลน์ พวกเราก็จะต้องคิดถึงผู้ให้บริการเกมการพนันคาสิโนออนไลน์ที่มีคุณภาพ PUSSY888 เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ที่เปิดให้บริการเกมส์การพนันสล็อตออนไลน์มาอย่างช้านาน ผู้ให้บริการเกมการพนันสล็อตออนไลน์ที่เปิดให้บริการกับลูกค้าได้เข้ามาร่วมเล่นเกมการพนันในลักษณะของมาตรฐานสากล ร่วมเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์กับเว็บของพวกเรา สัมผัสกับประสบการณ์การเล่นเกมส์การพนันออนไลน์ที่ไม่สามารถที่จะหาได้จากไหนอีก เพียงเว็บไซต์พวกเราแห่งเดียวของโลก
    เพราะเหตุใดจำเป็นต้องเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์กับเว็บ PUSSY888
    ร่วมเล่นเกมส์การพนันกับเว็บของพวกเรา พวกเราเป็นผู้ให้บริการเกมการพนันสล็อตออนไลน์ PUSSY888 เว็บไซต์คาสิโน ที่มีโปรโมชั่นพิเศษมากมายก่ายกองไว้รอ support ลูกค้าทุกคนที่เข้ามาร่วมเล่นเกมส์การพนัน พวกเรามีโปรโมชั่นคืนยอดเสียสำหรับผู้ที่เข้ามาร่วมเล่นเกมส์การพนันรวมทั้งเสียตังค์ให้กับเว็บของพวกเรา พวกเราต้องการจะมอบความเพลิดเพลินสำหรับในการเล่นเกมส์การพนันให้กับลูกค้าทุกคน พวกเราก็เลยได้สร้างโปรโมชั่นพิเศษเยอะแยะ เพื่อรอต้อนรับทุกคนที่เข้ามาร่วมเล่นเกมส์การพนัน
    และก็อีกจุดเด่นของการเข้ามาร่วมเล่นเกมส์การพนัน เว็บของพวกเราบริการลูกค้าทุกคนผ่านระบบอัตโนมัติ ทุกคนที่เข้ามาร่วมเล่นเกมส์การพนันกับเว็บของพวกเราจะได้เล่นเกมการพนันที่มีคุณภาพ ทุกคนที่เข้ามาร่วมเล่นเกมส์การพนันกับเว็บของพวกเรา จะได้รับงานบริการเร็วว่องไม่จำเป็นต้องรอนาน
    ในช่วงเวลานี้โลกอินเทอร์เน็ตมันเดินไปไกลอย่างยิ่ง PUSSY888 พวกเราต้องการจะมอบความสบายสบายให้กับลูกค้าทุกคนที่รักในการเล่นเกมการพนัน พวกเราก็เลยปรับปรุง เว็บของพวกเราอยู่เป็นประจำ อัพเดทเกมการพนัน อัพเดทโปรโมชั่น ให้กับทุกคนได้เข้ามาร่วมเล่นเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์ เพื่อได้รับความสนุกสนานร่าเริงแบบเต็มต้นแบบที่ไม่สามารถที่จะหาได้จากที่ไหนอีก
    เล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ความสนุกสนานแบบไร้ขีดจำกัด
    อีกหนึ่งต้นแบบเกมส์การพนันที่ค่อนข้างจะที่จะบันเทิงใจเป็นอย่างมาก อีกหนึ่งแบบอย่างเกมส์การพนันออนไลน์ที่เล่นแล้วได้เงินจริง เกมการพนันที่มากับกราฟิกงาม มากับภาพอนิเมชั่น 3 มิติที่ชักชวนให้พวกเราสนุกสนานกับเกมส์การพนันมากขึ้นเรื่อยๆ PUSSY888 เมื่อใดที่เพื่อนพ้องๆต้องการจะร่วมเล่นเกมส์การพนันสล็อตออนไลน์ เมื่อไรที่เพื่อนพ้องๆต้องการจะเล่นเกมส์การพนัน พวกเราต้องการจะชี้แนะให้เพื่อนพ้องๆได้เข้ามาร่วมเล่นเกมส์การพนันกับเว็บของพวกเรา
    บันเทิงใจกับเกมส์การพนันคาสิโนออนไลน์ได้อย่างง่ายๆเล่นเกมส์การพนันออนไลน์ สนุกสนานกับเกมส์การพนันได้อย่างง่ายๆเว็บไซต์คาสิโนออนไลน์ที่เล่นแล้วได้เงินจริง เว็บไซต์คาสิโนออนไลน์ที่จะมอบประสบการณ์การเล่นเกมการพนันออนไลน์ที่ดีเยี่ยมที่สุดให้กับทุกคน
    pussy888

    ReplyDelete